Thursday, November 13, 2008

Scribble Soup for Writers' Block #13: it's all in the name

Write a paragraph using the letters of your full name. The first letter of each sentence has to start with a letter (in order of spelling) in your full name.


S
uddenly the heavens opened up.
Catalina stopped what she was doing and ran for shelter.
Running blindly through the heavy rain, she slipped in the mud, smacking her head on the hard surface.
And then there was nothing.
Moaning in pain she slowly opened her eyes.
Battered and bruised from her fall, she lay defeated on the ground as the rain washed over her.
Lately nothing had gone her way.
Everything she did had turned to shite.
Dumping Ian was a mistake she realised.
Bitching about Sarah, her best friend, was an even bigger mistake.
Until now, she hadn't quite realised how important they were to her.
Too late, she thought to herself.
Too many 'effen' lies had been said.
Even the truth won't save her hide now.
"Relationships are a pain," she bemoaned to the heavens.
"Finish what you have begun," a voice whispered in her head.
Lately she'd been ignoring that voice, but no more she decided.
"Yes, this time I will finish what I have begun," she shouted.

For more writing challenges click on scribblesoup

1 comment:

lilly said...

I like the story. I could picture it in my head.